Monday, February 28, 2011

Zak's New Threads

So for the period between Black Friday and Christmas, Zak's work, Harry Ritchie's had this competition/contest, called 'Cranberries to Chirstmas", going amongst all the stores. Each store had a goal, and if they made 100% of their goal, everyone would get a nice scarf. If the store got to 105% of goal, they got sweatshirts. At 110%, and for the final gift, jackets were the reward. Out of the 3o or so stores in the company, only a handful of the stores reached at least 110% of the store goal. The Moscow store was one of them! (Kind of a rare occasion, since their store goals are always so high and/or the corporate office isn't too fond of the Moscow branch; there have been lots of drama within the last few years.)

After the contest ended, Zak and his co-workers filled out size and color orders and a few weeks ago, the merchandise arrived. And everything is surprisingly really nice and comfortable. Here are some pictures of Zak modeling his new gear:

what a snazzy hoodie (the logo is small and on the left (of Zak))
what a nice (cashmere, even!) scarf and jacket (notice how the logo isn't that obvious, so that's nice)

My grandparents got Zak a gift card to use at Amazon for Christmas. He didn't really know what he wanted to use it for; there weren't any games or movies he just had to have. So he let it sit for awhile (something I'm bad at doing, I always seem to spend my gift cards like, the next. day.) until he came across some watches he liked. Mind you, he got a nice watch for our anniversary, but it's more of an every-day, casual watch (and we'll disregard the fact that I pointed this out before we got the watch; I asked him if he might want a nicer watch, what with his fancy job of selling jewelry, etc., but no, he assured me he wanted that one), and not a dressier watch. So he debated between a few types, but settled on a nice one from Stuhrling that he ordered last week. He was pretty excited about it. So excited, in fact, that he opted for the express shipping (yes, I rolled my eyes at that, but I let it go, he was too cute about it).

He loves this watch. The face is bigger than his other one, but it still looks very nice on his wrist. I'm just happy he is in love with it. I guess I'm the next one due for a fancy watch, but I'm in no hurry. Here's a rough picture of the watch:




No comments: