Sunday, June 13, 2010

Work Rock Stars

I just wanted to write a post about how great Zak is!  At his job at Harry Ritchie's, he is still in his kind of 'probationary' period, but he's gone through training and can now open and close the store on his own.  He has a 'rookie' goal, which is a little bit lower than the people who've been working there for awhile.  I believe the goal period lasts for about a month, and if he makes his goal on time, he gets an extra $100.  If he reaches 120% of his goal, he gets an additional $20, and from there, each percentage he gets over (I think), he gets an extra couple bucks.  So if he sells 200% over his goal, he could get a fair amount of extra change.

Well it just so happens that Zak reached his goal this week.  Yep, he reached his $4,000 goal within two weeks of the goal period and will definitely get at least $100 extra at the end of July.  Not too shabby!  He has had a few big sales this week, including an older couple who walked in and dropped about a grand for a men's band and a women's chocolate diamond ring.  And I believe that couple will be in a few more times to buy stuff from Zak.  Oh, and he has been in the top 3% of the new rookies throughout all 30 or so stores. 

So basically, Zak is kicking butt and taking names, and I'm proud of him.  As much as I complain how unfair it is that he gets to sit all day while I am running around with old ladies and whatnot, he has earned this job and deserves it.  And he's good at it, too!  Good job, Zakky!

I also wanted to share that I've been doing pretty well this past week at work also.  Well, first some bad news.  My manager, Jacob, pulled me into his office on Thursday to talk.  On Wednesday we had what is called 'deep dive', where all the fancy executives come to the store and tell everyone what's wrong & right with everything, blah blah.  I have been fortunate to miss the last two, because I don't typically work Wednesdays.  Well, Jacob's bosses pointed out that my monthly scorecard for May wasn't so hot (it was much worse than anticipated), and told him he needed to talk to me to see what could be done.  Jacob is a great guy and manager and told me even though my numbers weren't so great, he was still proud of the work I've been doing, considering that I'm still new and there was a ton of drama last month (which is what I'm sure helped my numbers be less than stellar).  But we talked about some things I could do to improve my numbers, etc. 

And then I left the office and a made a $737.90 sale.  Boo-yah.  This lady with two small girls bought a TON of stuff.  I had been helping her before my talk with Jacob and had carried three big armfuls of clothes into the handicapped stall for her.  And she bought about 3/4 of what I put in there.  Oh and she bought $600+ worth of children's clothing a few hours earlier.  So yeah, take that, big execs in Portland!  So that sale was more than my entire daily goal and I was at 195% over it, so I just rang for my co-worker to get her to her goal. 

And then on Friday I reached my goal by 12:30 and rang for another co-worker, because I'd rather have everyone else reach their goal than have me be at 300%.  And I got a customer to sign up for a Macy's card (when we do that [we're supposed to get at least 2 a week], we get 'Macy's money', and points for the scorecard as well) And yesterday, while I was unable to reach my goal, I signed up two people for a card.  And Jacob gave me a bonus because I rang up a card for the last person who needed to get a card for the week in his department, so that way all the people he manages got at least one card this week. 

So Zak & I have been rock stars this past week, no big deal! 

No comments: