Monday, June 14, 2010

More crafts

A few weeks ago I cleaned up and organized some of the cabinets in the kitchen.  For the last several months, we have had our huge quantity of tea bags in ziplock bags that were getting on my nerves.  I decided to take them out, organize them and move them from the pantry to the kitchen in the hopes that we would use them more often, since we have only a gazillion of them.  I found some inexpensive boxes at Michael's that I figured would work for them.  As I wandered the aisles, hoping to get some creative revelation, I came upon some mod podge decoupage.  After I made my purchases, I came home and starting going through a bunch of old magazines that I had saved for some reason.

Two weeks later and I finally got around to completing my artistic vision.  And they, more or less, turned out the way I had hoped.  I did cut out a bunch of letters in case I decided to write the different types of tea on the boxes, but that idea didn't pan out.  I might write on them with sharpie or make some kind of removable sign, but for now they will work.  I'm pretty happy with them and hope you enjoy!


box #1
inside view
one side
other side
fruit, mint, green & oolong (I'm not sure why we have it, but eh) teas live here!

box #2
 inside
one side
other side
chai & breakfast teas

box #3
 inside
one side
other side
packets we use for iced tea & bergmot as well (they came in a sampler I got for Zak, we're not sure if we'll keep them or not)

all three in their cabinet

Which one's your favorite? I love the top of the second one & the inside of the first one, especially :)

No comments: