Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Another completed project!

A few months ago, I was looking at the pictures I took in Europe and I got an idea.  I wanted to get some frames that I could put several pictures in, and do a frame for each country I had been to.  I carefully selected the most 'artistic' and distinct pictures from each place I went to, but our move and graduation put the project on hold.  Once things had calmed down, I went on a search to find the frames that I wanted for the project.  Unfortunately, we didn't have enough money to buy 5 or 6 $15 frames.  Well, that and the fact that there wasn't an exact frame that I liked well enough to consider sinking a ton of money in. 

Then I got one of those e-mails from Kodak Gallery with good deals for Father's Day and decided to play around with some of their projects.  I found a collage-maker thing that I could plug in pictures with and edit them.  After playing with it for a few days, I had some projects that I was pleased with and ordered them on the sale price.  I was lucky enough to find some inexpensive frames that would work and I put them together last week.

And there they stayed on the floor for a week, because Zak & I were pretty pooped the last few days after work.  Yesterday, Zak had a day off and when I got off work, he hung up the pictures, with some direction from me.  I originally envisioned the frames in a straight line, but Zak thought it would look better the way they are now.  But I like it a lot and am so happy about them!  A big thank you to Zak for hanging them up and giving me his creative input.  Below are the pictures of the pictures.

All six frames together above the couch
England: London & Canterbury
France: Paris
Italy: Rome
Italy: Siena, Florence & Verona
Austria: Vienna & Salzburg
Germany: Munich & Berchtesgaden

And yes, I did take every one of these pictures!  I'm so proud! :)

No comments: