Monday, March 8, 2010

We're 95% sure...

...that we have a place to live when we move next month to Moscow!!!

On Friday I saw a listing for a place that looked great--windows, good price, excellent location--and wrote the person about it.  She was super helpful and we e-mailed back and forth the whole day, because we both had questions.  She sent us an application and we scanned it in today.  I guess the place is government subsidized, and we aren't very set on our employment for Moscow at the moment, but she was very willing to help us out with that--I guess we'll take care of it once it happens.  But the place we think we're getting is a two bedroom townhouse, complete with a little garden area!  Since it wasn't more than $30 than what we are paying now, we figured why not?  Rent is based on income, and there is a minimum and maximum amount--we'll never have to pay more than $500, I think.  So--GREAT DEAL!! 

We are sooo excited.  I'm really excited about the garden idea--I loved planting flowers with my grandma the last few summers and would love to have a little bit of earth to take care of.  It's only a few minutes away from the University of Idaho, so that is excellent, especially if I get a job that needs to be driven to.

So on Zak's day off, he went a little nuts with the moving and packing idea.  He forced me to pack more than I was comfortable with at the moment.  I'm still a bit in my school panic mode--I haven't really reached moving panic mode, so it was hard for me at first.  But we got all our books, art/craft/scrapbook, winter clothing taken care of.  And some of the stuff we won't wear until after we move.  I also did about four loads of laundry. 

It's been a successful day, we are thrilled about this place; the lady is sending us the final papers, I think, so that is awesome!  I'll let everyone know for sure once it's ours. :)

No comments: