Friday, March 5, 2010

Tidbits.

Well I am feeling just dandy.  I've been having some back problems (more than usual) and went to the school health center today.  I know I need to change how I sleep, and fully intend on doing the stretches the doctor told me about, etc.  I got two different pills from the pharmacy: one is a fairly strong pain killer (the stuff I've been given before hardly worked at all) and a muscle relaxant.  Luckily, I am laying in bed at home because I'm a little out of my mind.  But the pain has eased up a lot, so that is good.  I'll try not to get addicted, ahaha.

In other news, I want to throw my computer off the top of our building.  Yesterday the LCD screen back light thing went out.  This has happened before, I want to say...November?...and for no reason whatsoever!  The screen just went dark, and the only way to see anything on it was to shine a flashlight on it.  So that's what I was doing for a good few hours yesterday while on the phone with Dell (a 100+ minute phone call).  So today the guy who does the repairs in the area called me after I dropped off the computer and said that he turned it on and off a few times and that it worked fine.  But to just to be safe, he installed the new LCD screen.  OF - FREAKING - COURSE.  Of course it works when the technician is looking at it, but I must have turned it on and off a dozen times yesterday and NOTHING.  AUGH.  And to make it even better, yesterday while on the phone with Dell, I mentioned that my DVD drive hasn't been working for like, 8 months.  And it's only recognized a CD once since then.  So of course while the agent is remote accessing my computer, and I put in a CD, the computer decides it'll work.  It'll play CDs but Dell is sending me like, 6 discs to install Power DVD or something.  So that's just great.  My computer only works when I'm complaining about it to someone who can fix it.  And my warranty is up in April.  It better not have any problems after then...

Well, Zak was very productive today and not only applied to University of Idaho (we just have to get one transcript from CT), but filed our taxes.  We just have to get a W2 that wasn't ever sent to us.  It looks like we'll get a pretty decent return (yay paying rent and moving fees!), so that is a relief.  We have gotten a few e-mails back on apartments we inquired about in Moscow, whoo!  There is a few places in particular that we are really excited about, especially since they're very close to campus (within a few minutes of walking).  We are going to fill out an application today and send it out asap-hopefully we'll have a place to live within the next week or so!  All we have to do now is find jobs for the summer...

The weather is finally getting 'warmer' (35-45 degrees).  A lot of the snow is melting, which is great.  Spring is kind of in the air!  But today it is a bit wet and cold, so I am planning on making baked potato soup, if my head will ever come back to Earth.  Another fun fact: BYU-Idaho finally decided on graduation information!  I will graduate on Saturday, April 10th.  The big convocation commencement thing is at 9AM, my college one is at 11AM.  Whoo hoo!  And my parents and Jenna will be here Thursday night, my grandparents the next day.  I am so excited to see my family!!  I guess I need to send out announcement and get my cap and gown this month.

That is all for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm graduating that day in the Hinckley! Which building are you in?

Rachel said...

I think it's now been moved to the Austin, it was supposed to be in the Barrus Concert Hall, but whatevs.