Friday, February 5, 2010

Snakes in the garbage

1 AM.  Zak is mumbling and patting my body and the bed, distraught. I ask, "Zak, what are you looking for, it's 1 AM...go back to sleep."  He says, "The computer disks."  I reply, "....What?  Honey, they're not here, just go back to sleep."

The next thing I know, he has left the bedroom and is slowly wandering into the kitchen.  I groan and haul myself out of bed to find out what the deal is.  He is standing next to the garbage can, clutching a pillow, one of those with a sham covering, so there's an opening in the back.  I walk over to him, touch his arm, and ask, "Zak, what's going on?  It's late, let's go back to sleep."  A few seconds later, he replies, "Am I sleeping?  Is this a dream?"  I say, "Yes, you were dreaming.  Now let's go back to the bedroom and go back to sleep."  He grins sleepily and complies.  I take him by the arm and gently lead him back to bed, tuck him in and give him a kiss.


10 AM.  Zak says to me, "Did I, uh...get up in the middle of the night?"  I told him what happened and he burst out laughing.  "I was dreaming that there were snakes on the bed and I put them all in the pillow.  And then I was going to throw them out in the garbage!"

This is our life.

No comments: