Monday, February 8, 2010

The months, they go so fast.

Yesterday was our 6 month wedding anniversary.  It's hard to believe that we have been married for 6 months already.  But in another way, it doesn't feel so strange.  This Friday marks the third year of us as a couple.  That's a pretty decent milestone at BYU-I, and I'm proud of our relationship history.  I'm glad we didn't get married so quickly, that we took the time to become best friends.  Zak is my bestest best friend in the whole world, he is my one and only.  And I'm so happy to be with him that to imagine a life without him would be awful.  He is so loving and sweet and patient with me that at times I don't understand why he puts up with me.  He always tries to make me smile and laugh, even when I'm in a foul mood, he never gives up.  He is goofy and fun to be with and I love him dearly. 

To celebrate the milestone, we had chocolate chip waffles for breakfast.  We ended up having a LOTR movie-thon for the rest of the day.  We only got through the Two Towers, but it was totally epic and awesome.  For dinner we made our fabulous basil chicken in coconut curry sauce.  To top the day off, we had some of our wedding cake.  I know that it's traditional to have the cake at the one year anniversary, but we decided that it'd be too difficult to hold onto the cake whilst moving across the country this spring.  Either way, the cake was scrumptious and we had a lovely day together.

Being married is the best thing and sometimes the hardest.  I thought we knew each other fairly well when we got engaged last year, but I think I have seriously learned something new about my fun husband every day.  It's great.  And if anything, he loves my cooking and helping me, so that's a big plus.  :)

No comments: