Sunday, February 28, 2010

Montana.

On Friday, Zak and I went to a sales rally thing in Helena, MT.  It was an ok trip except for a few factors:

-waking up at 4:30 AM to meet at 5:30
-waiting half an hour for the rest of the people because a few people decided to come, even though they said they previous wouldn't be able to
-driving 4 hours to Helena
-being in Montana
-a 7-hour convention rally thing [this is a job, not a career]
-driving 4 hours in the dark, in a van a pedophile would have
-our boss going about 80 MPH on curvy mountain roads [I was on edge the entire time]
-sitting next to a 14 year old kid would was moving his head rapidly from side to side for like, the E N T I R E  R I D E  H O M E
-listening to the kid's suck-up of a dad kiss our boss's butt ["These mountains are beautiful, Jerry." "Thanks for driving, Jerry.", etc. *gag*]

 Like I said, it was an ok trip, but if we had a choice to go back in time and not go, we both would have not gone.  My favorite part was the people we saw.  They were extremely, uh, what's the word....sleazy? White trash-esque?  It was a collared-shirt event and it was just..interesting to see what the people's interpretation of that. Most of the guys had a combination of the following:

-gross facial hair
-multiple piercings
-tattoos
-shaggy hair
-those huge skater shoes that only 13 years old wear
-smoke scent

Either way, I would never have let 97% of the attendees into my house to clean my carpet.  Ugh.  One girl, though, was wearing a red cocktail dress with those fake chandelier earrings one can find at Claire's.  Oh, and there was a matching necklace.  But what made the look complete was not the fake blond hair complete with bangs, but the matching wing tattoos on her shoulder blades.  Ah, yes.  Classy.

But at least Zak and I had each other.  He mostly drew monsters while listening to tips on giving better demos, while I drank as much free tea as I could handle.  I must have used the restroom a dozen times while we were there.  Well, anything to get out of the meetings.

Our general feeling about Montana is...not for us.  I know some people love it, and I actually did enjoy the scenery while driving up there, but I am just so not a country cowgirl.  I am a city girl through and through who occasionally desires nature.  But Montana and I will never be friends.

Here are some pictures I took while driving there:

 
  
  

No comments: