Friday, February 12, 2010

Jobs!

Zak has been fortunate enough to get a new job.  He saw a posting on craigslist on Monday and called the guy, who set up an interview for 3 pm that day.  The interview went well, and Zak was told to call back around 5:30 that night to see if he got the job or not.  He did!  He is a salesman for Kirby vacuums.  It's base pay + commission, and it's more money than he was making.  We're really relieved, finances had gotten a little tight lately and this came at a perfect time.  He's had training on Wednesday and Thursday and tomorrow I think he starts doing demonstrations with his group of salesman.  It'll be around the Rexburg area half of the week and down in Idaho Falls the other half, so hopefully he'll only have to drive down there twice a week.

His boss likes to have women go out and set up appointments for the sales team to follow up (it seems that ladies seem to do better with getting appointments).  I guess the girls that were hired went to a morning session of training, and didn't come back after lunch.  Zak mentioned it to me and I told him to tell his boss that I'd be interested, if they could work around my schedule.  Luckily, I get out of class by 1 or 1:45, 4 days a week, so that is good.  Zak called his boss today and asked if I could be an appointment eye candy girl and he said sure.  So I start on Tuesday!

This is probably the first job Zak's had that he got without knowing someone in the business.  I am really proud of him and glad that we both have jobs.  This means we will definitely be moving out of Rexburg because we'll be able to afford it! Yay!

No comments: