Monday, November 1, 2010

Our 2nd Halloween

Yesterday, Zak reminded me that this was our 2nd Halloween together (as a married couple).  So, whoo, made it to a second holiday!  We had a pretty fun weekend, despite the water issue we encountered yesterday morning.

Friday was the mall trick-or-treating, so we got to dress up for work.  I decided to go as Zak/lumberjack.  I wore his flannel, jeans, green knit beanie, and even slid my shoes into his.  I clumsily walked around all day at work in them, until the last hour, and then proceeded to be really off-balanced.  My manager at work went as the Macy's star.  One of the employees made him a star costume out of red felt.  It was very funny/embarrassing.  I had a great idea for Zak a few days before...a guido (one of those guys from Jersey Shore).  So we got him some awful sunglasses & a shirt from Ross, and some cheap dollar tree bronzer.  I taped fake rhinestone things on his ears and put lip gloss on him.  He kind of fought me the whole way, but I told him over and over how awesome it was going to be.  By the end of the day, he agreed that it had been a great costume.

 pretty perfect, it was hard to get him very orange without taking a marker to his face

 here is a reference picture, for those of you who don't know about guidos..they are terrifying


My shift at work was over right as trick-or-treating started in the mall.  So I headed over to Zak's work and somehow ended up handing out candy for almost 2 straight hours.  But it was ok, the kids were really cute.  My favorite was a little girl in a shark costume with a shark basket for candy!  After that, I ran home to change out of Zak's clothes, and to put on my new cute outfit I got from work.  My friend let me borrow a set of pink cat ears.  So I just wore that with my new dress and tights.  Lame, I know, but it was a cute last-minute costume.  Once Zak was done with work, we went to a party with our friends.  There was a room with some black lights, and we discovered that some of my diamonds fluoresced, which is apparently pretty rare, like only 1% of diamonds do that.  So that was neat, I had about 6 or 7 of them glow in the dark!  Then we came back to our friends' place and watched a Star Trek movie.

 I needed to include a pretty picture of me

Nothing happened on Saturday, except I got sick at work and came home, where Zak nursed me back to health.  Yesterday afternoon was nice, once the water was all cleared out.  I decided to make us caramel apple cider, because I had gotten some at our new favorite place, the European Breakfast House, and had to duplicate it (recipe is here).  It was delicious!  We had done pumpkins on Thursday, when we both had the day off, so they were all lit up for the evening.  I had gotten a bunch of bulk candy from Winco, and we so ready for trick-or-treaters.  We only got a few.  I was kind of sad about it, plus now we had a ton of candy in the house.  So we ended up just watching cool shows on Netflix all night, and made caramel apples.  We have yet to taste them, because we had so much sugar with the cider, but we will eat some today!  All in all, it wasn't a bad Halloween, I just wish more kids had come to get candy.  Well, next year I won't get so much candy...or candy at all!  

 Zak carved our pumpkins, his (left) is a jack-o-lantern, mine (right, duh) is a shark. LOVE it.

 Zak drew most of these, I cut them out!

it doesn't matter that the astronaut isn't 'Halloween-y', it was just cool

our door


this is on our hamster cage
 

No comments: