Friday, October 22, 2010

A Walk in the Arboretum

This weekend Zak and I went on a walk in the U of I's Arboretum.  I didn't sleep well the night previous, so I was already up.  Zak came downstairs a few hours later and I pitched the idea of going on a walk while it was still early and cool out.  He suggested the Arboretum, so off we went.  We drive past it almost every day, but only see a slight glimpse of the whole block of land.  It's huge.  H U G E.  It's basically a really long rectangle.  It was divided so there were trees and plants from four different sections of the earth: Asia, Europe, Western North America & Eastern North America.  Of course, we didn't see that sign until after our walk, so we'll keep it in mind our next time we walk there.

I haven't really experienced fall that much, so I was having the best time looking at all of the beautiful colors!  I took my camera with me so I could take some pictures.  It was nice to be outside, with the cool air reddening our noses, as we explored the Arboretum.  We were mostly alone, except for a little family (and one really upset toddler, that I couldn't help but giggle at, his poor parents) and a few walkers, so that was nice.  I think I could really get into this season, it's quite lovely.  I couldn't help but take a lot of pictures, and I'm going to post them below.  Enjoy! 






 these trees reminded me of ones that van Gogh would paint, or possibly Klimt...




 my excitement for fall has no bounds, it seems?



 I loved all the different colors in a single leaf!



 this picture just makes me smile


view of the Arboretum from afar

No comments: