Monday, October 29, 2012

Updates!

Sorry I've been bad at updating the blog, life has been crazy lately! Here are some updates:

-Zak now owns three guns. He bought a rifle that was on sale (so he claims) the other day; he came home and said, 'Good new/bad news: good news: I don't have any more guns I want to buy, bad news: I bought a gun.' At least it was significantly less expensive than the first gun (the second was a gift from his grandpa). And it's actually super fun to shoot. We've gone shooting a bunch in the last few months. We even took my old Twilight books and shot them with Kandace & Gabe. It was immensely fun and satisfying. I did make Zak pinkie-swear to not buy any more guns for five years. I will hold them to that.

all the guns

shooting the rifle, it's pretty fun

we really destroyed these books

proper reaction to shooting our friend Gabe's AK-47. it was POWERFUL and fun

-I have been with Digilent for three months already! I just had my three month review and it went really well! Everyone really likes me and is impressed with how awesome I am. I now get health care benefits, retirement plan, paid time off and a 20% raise! Oh and stock options or cash at the end of each quarter if we make a profit (which we have been doing...pretty much since the founding of the company). Anyways, I'm loving it and everyone loves me and things are going so well. It's such a relief to have a job I love!

-Zak has been doing well in school. He is doing some ride-alongs with the forest ranger a few times a month (he got the school to count it as an internship) and loving it. His classes are going well and will officially be a Senior next year. Three more semesters after this one and he'll be done!

-Fall is finally here and we are enjoying learning all the quirks of our new places during this season.  Because we live in a kind of basement, that means we will be more prone to spiders, basically my arch enemies of the bug-world. The other day while we were moving stuff around our living, we killed not one, but TWO big spiders. We think they were probably the notorious brown recluse spider. *Shudder*. Zak smashed one & I vacuumed the other. We are planning on buying spider traps or something. The joys.

-Holiday plans have finally been finalized! Compromises have been made and it will be a busy few weeks for us, and me especially! Zak & I will be spending Christmas with his family in Connecticut. We're flying in a few days early and spending a day with his best friend & girlfriend, who live in Boston. I'm getting really excited to experience some of the traditions Zak's family does; last time we were back there for Christmas was the same time as our open house, so it was a bit crazy. I will fly to California on the 26th and spend a few days there. My cousin Sasha is getting married on the 29th and I am one of her bridesmaids. I just bought my dress and now can properly get psyched for the wedding! I'm turning 25 on the 28th and while I'm bummed Zak won't be there to celebrate, at least I'll have my family with me; and we'll be sure to celebrate together with our friends when we are back in Moscow. We both fly back to Spokane on the 31st with enough time to celebrate New Year's Eve! It will be a whirlwind, but I know we'll all have lots of fun. We can't wait!

-That's about all I can think of for the moment. Zak and I are working on a running program, but I'm going to wait until we've finished to post about it. So that's all for now!

No comments: