Friday, September 23, 2011

Recipe Book

I've been looking for a project to do lately, and settled on working on updating my big family recipe book.  I think about a decade ago, all the ladies in my family got together and compiled recipes.  I typed up my grandma's submissions and we all assembled the binders (big 2 or 3" binders!), and personalized them with scrapbook paper, stickers, etc.  We've since added a few new recipes to the binder, but I haven't really done anything to my binder since I was living at home.  I had a bunch of recipes saved on my computer from my mom, as well as new ones Zak & I have come to love.  So I decided to add those to the binder.

I don't know how I got the idea to do it, but I decided to make an index for all of the recipes.  That proved to be a much bigger task that I originally thought.  But I got it done, along with a table of contents!  Then I decided that I needed a new binder - mine had gotten a bit beat up, from moving a lot in college.  One of the rings wouldn't completely close, the spine of the binder was messed up, and I just wanted something new and nice-looking for my newly updated recipes.  I also decided to make a new cover for my binder, since I was like, 11 or something when we made the covers originally.  So after I spent nearly an hour at Michael's picking out a few sheets of paper and stickers (the top reason why I'm not the best scrap-booker: I take forever to pick things out, it all has to match!), I came home last night and assembled it while Zak was at his lab.  I couldn't bring myself to throw away the old cover, so I scanned it into my computer, along with my new one to show you how cute it looks!  I'm so proud and I just love it!


before


after!

No comments: