Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Some May Happenings

I thought Jenna would appreciate this

So far, May has been pretty good. There has been one night of stormy weather, but the days are lovely and are warming up quite nicely. The other day the weather was so nice, I decided it was time to plant some stuff in our front yard. I went to a local little garden shop and got some nice plants for a good price. I got 4 geraniums, 2 wave petunias, a red pepper, an Early Girl tomato, a set of 4 Roma tomatoes, and oregano. I spent a warm hour planting all of them. I am pretty pleased with how they turned out! I just hope they grow nicely. I also got some begonia and gladiolus bulbs from Walmart and planted them. Maybe they'll grow?

it looks so much better now!
new plants!

My parents got me a bread maker! Before Jenna came to visit, I had asked my mom if she wouldn't mind me having it, since she doesn't use it a whole lot. It turned out hers was too big for Jenna to bring up. So I abandoned the idea and resolved to make bread by hand for awhile, until I got get one of my own. Then I was talking to my parents a few days ago and my mom asked if I had gotten the box from UPS. I said no, and she was frustrated because the delivery should have happened already. It was kind of a big mess. But I eventually got the box and I was so surprised! I love it! I don't know where we're going to keep it, but it's awesome and I am super psyched. I made some bread that night and it was a big hit with Zak. I wasn't thrilled with the recipe that came with the instruction manual, so I'm going to hunt around until I find a good one we both love. But anyways, thank you Mom & Dad! I'm so excited to use it!

I was that excited
it smelled so good!


I also made some homemade salsa this weekend. We had some tomatoes that were going soft, so I thought why not? and went for it. It was pretty good, but made our entire fridge smell like garlic! The salsa itself wasn't very garlicky, but it was one strong smell! We had Mat & Erika over for games and salsa, and everyone loved it! I am going to make some more soon, since it was tasty and not too difficult.


this was the first time we used that big chip & dip bowl I got for my bridal shower, it's so cute!

That is all that has been happening with us, I suppose. We are preparing for Zak's mom & sister to come out, which is sooner than I thought! At least the house is mostly clean, since we just had Jenna here. Well, that's all!

also this picture is for Jenna & her friend who got me these socks (they say 'Rachel is spoiled rotten')

2 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE the pictures of you and Jenna together - you two both look even more gorgeous when you are together! And Zak sitting on his BIG box is pretty awesome, too! I have a couple of bread machine recipes that I really, really like. Do you want me to share them with you?

Rachel said...

Awh, thanks! And yes please to recipes! I always will yes to new ones! :)