Sunday, December 12, 2010

Update.

Sorry for the lack of updates, we have been pretty busy, and will only get busier these next two weeks before Christmas. Things of notable interest include:

-I was sick from last Sunday through Thursday. I went home early from work on Tuesday and called out on Thursday. I had a really bad head cold, sore throat, congestion, dizziness, etc. It was not fantastic, especially regarding work relations. I went through an entire box of Kleenex, several tea bags, and almost two bags of cough drops. Needless to say, I am thoroughly happy to be relieved of it, and am doing everything to not get sick again.

-We have wrapped presents under the tree, which is exciting. We have almost everything ready to send out to our families, and hope to do that within the week.

-Our work schedules are getting crazier. For instance, I work six days in a row this week, with shifts ranging from 8 to 10 hours. I'm not excited, but will be pleased to receive a much heftier check on Christmas Eve. Zak is hoping to work a bit more than usual, so we will have some extra cash, which is always great.

-Christmas decorations are just about done. Zak might do some more drawings, but I got creative and ambitious today while walking around Michael's. I would like to be more creative or artistic, but it takes me a bit longer sometimes. But I ended up with some really cute decorations that I am proud of! I got some glass cranberries on a stick, 'Christmas moss' (green moss with an obscene amount of glitter), gold ribbon, and three square glass vases. Here is the result:

without flash
with
arranged on our book shelf, cute, huh?

I probably won't post again until after Christmas, so from both of us, we hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

No comments: