Monday, July 26, 2010

Quick update

Just a quick update about our lives for all of you.  Zak & I have been working almost every day.  Zak's had some trouble keeping the hours he's had the last few months.  The new manager's hours come out of the store's hours, but not the store's paycheck, so it's been irritating.  However, Zak worked it out so his hours wouldn't be cut in half, just slightly trimmed for the next month, until he starts school, and then he'll go to part time.  Macy's is still fine, we had training for the new company-wide way of selling, which isn't too bad.  My 'scorecard' has been steadily increasing, which is good.   

I also went to the doctor, who recommended me to physical therapy.  That wasn't too bad, the lady gave me several new stretches and exercises to do.  So far they've been helping.  Zak & I had a talk, and decided that I really need to get my act together to change how I feel about my body image.  He drew up a workout schedule, which includes working on my core strength and walking/jogging in the mornings.  Today we walked/jogged for an hour, and it felt great to come home to a cold shower.  I've been careful about what I'm eating, and I consume water like it's a rare commodity.  Things are looking good so far, Zak's been really helpful in keeping me motivated (like saying I can have ice cream on the days I work out harder).

The weather is finally hot, and it's been nice to have air conditioning at work, because we work out fans out at home.  We bought a cherry tomato plant last week at the Farmer's Market and we're hoping it will do well.  Our tomato plant has a dozen and a half tomatoes on it, with the early bloomer finally turning a beautiful red.  Our pepper is getting larger every day; we are excited to soon eat our veggies!
all three plants
our (hopefully soon to be red) pepper
cherry tomato
ready to be picked
Zak going in for the kill
oh Zak
Zak wouldn't let me take a good picture of it :-/
it was good!

That is about all that has happened lately.  Our anniversary is coming up in a few weeks, but we are still undecided about what we'll do; we might spend the day in Spokane, who knows.  Shortly after that, my sister Jenna is coming to visit for a week and we are getting excited to have her around.  I've already started thinking about the meals I'll make, and where we'll take her.

More updates to follow, if anything else, I'll write one about our anniversary. :)

No comments: